September 14, 2020 5:30PM
Process Acting | Grades 6-12
MONDAYS| September 14-November 16 | 5:30-6:30 PM
Instructor: Mia Phillips
Get a taste of stardom and explore the process of theatre training through high-energy theatre games, improvisation and activities with very limited memorization required. Create characters, explore dramatic interpretation of classic stories, learn lingo and challenge your imagination and expression. Every class will include a variety of dramatic activities and training styles. Since there’s no play to rehearse, every class is fresh and exciting.
These classes are especially good for students:
- who have limited acting class experience (rehearsing a final showcase doesn’t allow much time for improving the basics of acting)
- who are most interested in honing acting skills
- who may have many after-school activities to balance and don’t have time for a lot of at-home memorization
- who become bored with repetition
- whose parents are very busy people with limited at-home time to drill lines for performance or time to create a costume for the final showcase
If you have a 5th grader with at least a year or previous acting class experience, you may contact Jill Wolf (email@example.com) regarding the ages of the other students enrolled in the class. If the majority of the class is in the 6th-8th grade range, she will let you know and you may register for this class.
Please note: progression through acting classes is different from progressing through grade levels of school. Many children simply enjoy the kinesthetic learning and team building aspects of drama class. Your child should be enthusiastic about their participation and should only move to a higher-level class when they have mastered core components and are seeking further challenge. In general, we suggest a minimum of two full semesters of Process level classes before moving to Intermediate level classes.
Tickets are no longer available online for this event. Please contact our box office to get up-to-the-minute ticket availability information.
If you find this message in error, please check your reservation request and try again.